I can hear the first sound of war.
I can sense fear in the air.
It dawned on me that this could be my last day in Afghanistan.
Then I can hear it, I can see it,
The U.S. Military have arrived.
I see bullets whiz through the air,
Just like my Dad’s darts on Friday night.
Military men march through the streets,
Like an army of ants.
I hear eerie quietness settle over the town,
I look across at our Afghani flag flying high and proud.
I see children playing in the street, not aware of the danger.
Shopkeepers anxiously stay open.
I think to my self
Why is this happening?
What did we do to deserve this?
What is going to happen?
Where will we go?
By Erica
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kool Poem Erica!! Pretty Kool!! ♥ em'
Post a Comment